Monday, November 19, 2007

Curse of the FEET!



Well, it turns out that even in a foreign land where I call myself Gao Jian, I still am a Gill at heart. I know this cause my feet hurt like the dickens. Since I have to still walk everywhere I will just have to stick it out with the help of Tylenol extra strength. I spent yesterday afternoon at Shida market (right near school) getting some food and just hanging out. After wandering the market for a while I met a friend at 西門 (Ximen) which is a huge outdoor mall of sorts. It is hard to describe the sights but all i can say is just think of giant big screen tv's, movie posters, 10 story stores, and tons upon tons of people and you will get the picture. We ate hotpot (a bunch of items all boiled together) and it was wonderful.


When I got home I feel asleep fast than I thought possible. I got a good nights rest and woke up today ready for registration. So today, Tuesday November 20th, I went to school for my oral and written exam. I did very well on my oral exam but the written exam was super tough. After my exam I was off to take care of my bureaucratic paper work. That meant going to the foreign affairs office to apply for my ARC and finding out that I don't have everything I need; aka I don't have a place to call home. So now the hunt is on.

2 comments:

Deb Gill-Dorgan said...

Oh Jake! I can relate to the curse of the Gill, actually Shavor, feet! Try naproxen sodium/generic Alleve. Are you 'gellin'? That might help too.

Your pictures are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You know, I was just thinking about the Gill feet last night and hoping that you didn't have it too bad.

I will say this, I have to keep checking my bulk email because that's where you always end up, don't know why.

Every time I have some of my black tea (mix or oolong an darhjeeling(?) teas) I think of you and cool it must be to experience a foreign culture.

At least you get to take your Gill feet to new places!