Sunday, November 18, 2007

Safe and Sound

Well I made it safe and sound. My flights were all on time and I landed in Taiwan at 7:35 p.m. The plane rides went really smooth and very fast (I slept through most of it). From the airport I took a 50 minute bus ride to Taipei City (taibei shi) but it was dark and raining so I didn't really get to see much. The bus took me right to the MRT (Mass Rail Transit). I took the MRT right to Guting stop, where my school is. I was able to find a room at my School for the first two nights. Rent was a little over 30 dollars for a night, which is expensive. However, I am at school so I can't get too lost in the next few days. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I have to find a bank, and work on finding a place to live. I wish I had more to report, but getting settled in was top priority. I will post more soon.


Gao Jian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for a safe landing...up in the air, your safety was up to science and technology, now that you are on the ground, your adventure is back in your realm...as your parents, we can breathe easy. Tom and Sue

Dan said...

Gao Jian,

Great to hear you landed safely and are getting situated (and that your shower is hot!!). I hope your trip to the bank is a success. You can get by on your good looks and smile for only so long...U. Dan